Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter.... Glad to be back

Wow!! I can hardly believe how long it has been since I last posted. Thank you to those who checked in just to see if I was okay, it really meant a lot to me. I guess I will get started with all that has taken place over the past couple of weeks.

First, we put the house on the market and wow what a job getting it ready. When our realtor came to take pictures I shoved everything in my already messy closet. I decided to let you take a peek at the before and after.



Carson and Cameron had their first official sleepover. Their good friends Caroline and Christian spent the night and part of the next day with us. They had a blast. This is them blowing bubbles with these huge bubble wands that I found at the dollar store. Their big brother Clayton, stayed the night as well. He and Chandler are great friends too but no pictures of the teens together.


Then we celebrated Chandler's 15th birthday! I honestly feel like I just brought him home from the hospital. It is time for the dreaded driver's permit. I keep telling him to study and reminding him that there are no cliff notes or spark notes for the test he really has to study. I am sure he will study and pass that test very soon. Here is blowing out the candles on his very basic, almost embarassing to post with all those creative people out there, cake that I made. He just recently made the Varsity soccer team at his school. He and 4 other freshman. We are excited about watching the upcoming season. On a side note my sweet niece Hannah also celebrated her 7th birthday in the beginning of March. She is my only niece on my side of the family. She is a brownie and sold her first Girl Scout cookies this year. If you go to my sister, Debbie's blog,you can see a picture of her and all of her curls. My Nephew, Austin, also celebrated his 14th birthday. He is such a neat kiddo. Very tall and extremely smart. He loves basketball and did really well this year on his school team. Austin is my sister, Sandy's oldest son. My children are all very blessed to have such great cousins!!

Yesterday we went to the annual Easter egg hunt that our Sunday School teachers have and the kids had a blast. Cameron seems to have already had a piece of chocolate or two. Here are a few pictures from that fun time.



This morning the kids woke up to their Easter baskets that had to be placed on the mantle due to a certain 2 dogs that live here. The kids were excited and so far the dogs have not gotten to the baskets yet.
After church we took a few pictures of the kids in the back yard and then in the front. Here is also a picture of a small flower bed in the front. David brought the tulips home from Holland this past winter and we planted them. I am so excited at how they look coming up in the middle of the pansies we planted last fall.




I pray that all of you and your families have a blessed Easter Sunday. What a wonderful day to celebrate the Risen Savior!!
(I accidentally posted the pictures on small size. If you want to see any of them better just click on the picture and it will enlarge)
Blessings,

23 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hey sister,
Welcome back to the land of bloggin! Missed ya - even though I talk with you about every day I like to see pics of your family and house!! Post some pics of those dogs too!
Happy Easter!!
Love ya,
Sandy :)

Kelly said...

So glad you are back!!!
Love the soccer ball Easter baskets - your boys are so cute!
You had a whole lot of "C's" at your house during the sleepover- that could get confusing!!!!

marine's words said...

I am so glad your back!! love your new look!! and enjoyed reading about your family and what you have been up too!! Happy Easter! marina
PS. you look so pretty in your picture.

Melissa in Mel's World said...

WELCOME BACK LINDA!!!

You were missed and it is so greta to catch up with you and your family!

Happy Easter to you and your crew from the crew of Mashburns down here in Ft. Lauderdale!

Take Care,
Melissa

Fran said...

Welcome back Linda!!!

Your Easter pictures look beautiful and I hope your day was as wonderful as the pix!

Have a wonderful week. Blessings friend....and GO TIGERS GO!!

Elle*Bee said...

Hi Linda, you were kind enough to stop by my blog, so I thought I'd check out yours. I love the template (and the "surrounded by all boys" plaque). Have a wonderful Easter.

MOM said...

Great pictures!!! I'm glad everyone is beginning to feel better and you had a minute to update you blog with super pictures of the grandchildren. Happy Easter. He is alive!!!!!!!!
Love to all,
Mom and Dad

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I have enjoyed reading all of your posts!

Anonymous said...

Great to see the pictures of the boys. Guess you really had a houseful for the sleepover. Oh well it doesn't happen VERY often.
So you are really going to sell?
Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

You're back!!! So glad to know that you're still kicking. (Just joking!) Life gets busy, doesn't it???
Well, Happy Birthday to EVERYONE and I hope that you had a very blessed Easter celebrating our risen Savior and spending time with family! He is risen...
Now... you're house is on the market??? What state is it in?
And... I LOVE the color on your living room wall! I am sooooooooo bad with paint colors! I know what I want it to look like in the end, but getting there is another story! You and Sandy sure have quite the artistic eye! Ya want to come over and do my house? HeeHee... What brand do you use?
Okay... Time for me to get a move on! I'll email ya the link that you requested in a few...
In Him,
Christina

Kelly said...

So good to have you back!! I know those breaks are inevitable sometimes.

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Linda~
It's SO good to see you back, and to read all about what's been going on in your corner of the world.

I'll be sure to pray for the sell of your home...... :-)

Take care,
Kim~

Cheryl said...

I was so worried that you had been taken over by your preschoolers!
I'm glad you're back!!
Great pictures. I just posted some Easter pics and I think I post mine extra large, oops. At least you won't have trouble seeing them!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for stopping by!
Yea, it was my hubby that I was referring to. We used to attend a large church, so I can relate to your question!

Trish said...

What wonderful pics! Hope you enjoyed a nice Easter. Sounds like you've had alot going on in the past few weeks! Your blog looks so pretty!

Sandy said...

Sounds like a wonderful Easter!
Happy Spring Linda!

Denise C said...

What a very precious Easter you had with your sweet family! My goodness your son is 15! Happy Birthday to him!!!
I am Glad you are back in blogland..I have missed you!!
Sweet Blessings my friend!
Denise

Jill said...

Great hearing from you....missed you. Glad you had a nice Easter!

Unknown said...

Welcome Back Linda! Did I see a tulip in the bottom picture? I absolutely love tulips and can never remember when to plant them!

Hugs!
Paige

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Justabeachkat said...

Our daughter is here visiting so my blog visiting time is limited, but I wanted to stop by and say "Hi".

Hugs!
Kat

About Nancy said...

What beautiful boys. You are so blessed!
God Bless You,
Nancy

Julie said...

You've inspired me to clean my closets! Now, I just need to find the time!