Monday, January 2, 2012

Do you need a little inspiration????Got it right here!

I am the oldest of three girls. I love my sisters. Sandy, the middle sister and I have always looked the most alike-we look like our mom's side of the family. Debbie has always looked more like my dad's side of the family. Sandy was never overweight in high school, she has struggled some as an adult but has always had pretty good control over it. I, too was very thin in high school but have struggled my entire adult life with my weight and am currently about 50lbs heavier than I would care to be so overweight is the term I am labeled right now.(Having said all of that about me I must tell you I have a saint for a husband who truly loves me just the way I am . I know he would like for me to be healthier but everyday he asks me how I could be more beautiful today than the day we met? In fact he will probably be upset with me for talking bad about myself because he hates it when I do that. I seem to self deprecate a lot!!!)

I have digressed because this post is supposed to be about my sister..

Debbie, the youngest has always struggled with her weight. She was an overweight child, a happy child that had tons of friends and a family that loved her but the weight kept mounting and I know she tried to take it off several times but, like most of us, it never worked for very long.. Well as she was watching Biggest Loser one night something clicked for her and she never turned back...
I am so incredibly proud of her taking control of her life in this area. She has worked very hard and used the weight watchers program. She is truly an inspiration.



Sandy- the middle one



Debbie with her family about a year before she started her journey
Debbie and her kiddos with Ruby- from TV-- she drove a couple hours to workout with her and tons of other people
Debbie today-- love it!!! She does say after so many years of being overweight she has to deal with accepting the new her and trying to keep it off.
She started in May of 2010 and had lost over 100 pounds by May of 2011--this picture was taken 1 year and 5 months into her journey.
I am sooooooo proud of her- She got off the couch and out from in front of the TV-she made no more excuses and just did it.... She is an inspiriation!!!! Love you Day Day!!!

Here's hoping that she has inspired me enough to begin, yet again....


Blessings,

6 comments:

Dionna said...

I am always so impressed with people who can lose a lot of weight the hard way. What a fabulous thing she's done for herself and I'm sure she is inspiring to many.

Gretchen said...

Wow! What an inspiration!
Words of affirmation from her sister are a beautiful gift, I am sure!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Awwwww Sister! That was such a sweet post! You are beautiful and I hope you break that record in your head that says differently! Love how Debbie took control of her health and made a lifestyle change and not just a quick fix diet. Love ya day-day and Nin-na!

Michelle said...

WOW is all I can say! Your family is pretty amazing from what I can see!!!

BTW, thank you for stopping by and leaving me some sweet encouragment concerning my little man!

Courtney said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! What a great post. #1...you are beautiful!!! And you are just like me in the fact that we are are very hard on ourselves. You are right about David- he would be upset. HA! #2...you and your sister Sandy do look very much alike. Very pretty girls. #3...CONGRATS to your sister Debbie. What an amazing transformation she has made on her own!! She looks great. I know she has to be very proud of her accomplishments. ♥

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

Congrats to your sister and I agree with all the other comments...you and your sisters are all beautiful. :) Thanks for your lovely comments. Have a fabulous weekend.