Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Happy Birthday Aunt Diane/ Left or Right???





First I want to wish my sil a happy birthday. She lives in Georgia so we don't see her as often as we'd like. She is the one that let us use her condo in Hilton Head. We love you and hope you have a great day. :)

My sweet Cameron, my third child, is just so much fun. He is a little bit of a glass half empty mentality especially mornings but other than that he really brings us so much joy and comic relief. He is 3 and CAN do everything by himself. He insists on putting on his shoes which I think is wonderful, only problem is they are always on the wrong feet. He comes out of his room and says,"right feet, wrong feet?" to which I hate to do it but I tell him, "wrong feet." His response is always the same. He clinches his little fists and through his teeth he questions, "Yug why do I ALWAYS do that?" Well I have not been able honestly answer him because I honestly don't know. I have noticed the last 2 times he has put them on he asked his question and I have been able to tell him right feet. His face just lights up but it also has this look on it like, haha shoes I guess I showed you!!


Ever since the first time I heard him get frustrated and ask why he always does it I have thought of the verse in the Bible from Romans 7:15, I don't understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead I do the very thing I hate. (new living translation) I thought how hard it is for Cameron to keep being told day after day that what he set out to accomplish was not right. He would be frustrated but persistant enough to keep trying til he got it right. I never got frustrated because I knew one day he would get it. I wonder if that is how it is with the Father and I. I keep trying to do things in my own power and he gently tells me no that is not right, I get frustrated and talk through my teeth and persist to get it right. It is certainly a war within the soul to know what is right but to continue to choose wrong. Maybe it is yelling at the kids, talking ugly to my husband, gossiping, not being obedient to a command the Lord has give me or even spending more time on the blog then I do with Him. Whatever it is I am dealing with I know there will be victories and defeat and I will continue along striving to be holy and Christ Like. I am so glad I serve a God who is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. With all the hormonal stuff I go through I don't know who I am going to be in the morning. :) and it is nice to know that He is the same, He loves me and there is nothing I can do to separate me from Him, while I may break fellowship with Him I can never break the relationship, He is my Abba.
Blessings

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW...
I try to tell my girls, as much as I can & every chance that I get, that there is nothing that they could ever do that would cause me to stop loving them.
He does love us unconditionally, doesn't He?! Praise God!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Shelly said...

He is so stinking cute!

And girl! Powerful post...I am sure He waits with compassion to let us get to a point where we cease striving, and instead let His Spirit work in us. I know I need that more!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Awesome post Sis.
Love that little Camo of yours! He is so incredibly SWEET!
Have a great Wednesday.

Happy Birthday Diane!

Justabeachkat said...

Great post! Loved the pictures too.

It is so very comforting to know God does loves us unconditionally.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Ahh! Cameron and Jonathan (my 2 1/2 yr old) have the same shoes...and the same dilema! I am thankful daily that God loves me unconditionally!

Mrs. Jones said...

I love your posts. They are always just what I need to hear.

Love the picture of those shoes, too!

Anonymous said...

This article was extremely interesting.