Sunday, December 2, 2007

Please pray for this family & updates on ours

I would like to ask that you pray for the Luce family. If you visit their blog, Poppy Joy, you will know why. She is the grand-daughter of my former pastor. My pastor, her beloved grandfather, passed 12 hours after she delivered her first born and now she delivered her second born yesterday that resulted in the baby only living 3 hours after birth. They knew she would probably not live long. I do not know her personally but after reading her blog I know that she and her husband are two incredibly godly people.

An update on my father in law.... He is recovering nicely from the surgery, however, the doctor did tell him that at his age he would never fully regain all the elasticity needed in the arm. My prayer request for him now is that he will be able to at least function well enough that he can go into his workshop and do the woodworking he so loves to do. He has built some incredible things through the years and I know it would be extremely hard on him and my mother in law if he were not able to continue building.
My parents took a trip to Egypt I am asking for safe travels for them, and as always continue to pray for Adam who has been deployed.

On a lighter note we are all well. Carson had his first basketball game Saturday and we had so much fun watching. At half time the score was a whopping 0-0. Often times it ends this way so during the half time each team goes out and every player shoots a free throw. That is usually where the points come from. The opposing team made 4 and we only made 1. Carson did however, score a basket which was cool. They ended up losing 8-3.
Cameron has said that he is perfectly fine watching his brothers play sports and has no intention of playing any which is perfectly fine with us. We will just have to find that one thing that really interests him maybe boyscouts?
Chandler's soccer team has had quite an impressive 6 months. In 6 months they have won 2 state championships, competed in regionals where they beat a Texas team which was huge, got second in the premier league and then royally messed up this last tournament that they had this past weekend. It is a really big tournament and they have played well but just could not put the ball in the net. They lost both their games yesterday and they have one this morning.
David travels this week and I have a sinus infection, lucky me.
Blessings to you and your family,
Linda

8 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Thanks for that link sis ~ I've added her family to my prayer list.
Sorry to hear Pepere is doing well. Let him know the McTier's said hi!
Sorry to hear Chan and his team lost their 2 games yesterday ~ they've had a great year though.
I can just see Carson out on the basketball court, football field, baseball field, soccer field, etc. etc. etc. Cameron is your comedian just like our third son!
Have a wonderful week. Hope you feel better soon. Safe travels for Uncle Cool.

Love ya
Sandy :)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Linda. Get well soon. Give the boys a hug for me(except Chandler, he probably wants a handshake, that's okay.
Grandma

Anonymous said...

enjoyed reading about what the kids were up to over the weekend,i will tell Cameron he can learn to play the guitar,if he wants too. love mom2

Jill said...

I have just recently found the blog about Poppy and have been thinking about them these last few days. Feel better soon.

MOM said...

Take care of yourself. Sinus infections are nothing to ignore. Please let Fern and Irene know I am thinking of them and praying for healing. Give all the boys a hug and tell them Nana and Pop Pop love them. Egypt was amazing. Thanks for the prayers for safety. Thanks for the link to Poppy Joy, what a testimony.

Justabeachkat said...

Hi there! Sorry I haven't stopped by in awhile. It's been c-r-a-z-y around my house...decorating, shopping, wrapping, etc., plus I was out of town for the weekend. It's been fun reading all your posts I've missed. I love your new "look". I'll pray for all you mentioned.

Hugs!
Kat

Southern Heart said...

I wanted to thank you for your sweet comments on my blog...your kindness has meant so much.

I will keep everyone on your prayer list in my prayers, also! He hears every single one, so I am sending love and positive thoughts your way!

I am also adding your blog to my list (I thought I already had! :) so that I can visit you often.

xoxo

MOM said...

DEC 5, 2007 Dad and I wanted to say HAPPY 20th ANNIVERSARY to you and David. May God continue to bless you both and all that you do in His name. Is Dave out of town on this special occasion? Pray you have time to celebrate.
Love to all,
Mom and Dad