Saturday, January 10, 2009

A little reflection

It is quiet here right now. No one is awake but me. I know it has been a while since I have posted and I trust you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's Day. This time of year brings so much reflection. Taking stock. What have I done that has worked? What hasn't worked? What type of person am I? Do I really live what I profess? I have so many things I would like to change about me but I have boiled it down to one. A closer walk with my Lord. I have to believe that everything else will just fall into place if I make it a priority to put him first. The weight, the finances, the guilt, the selfishness, the loneliness, the attacks from the enemy, the laziness, the organization, and many more. Don't they all really start because a void needs to be filled?? I want to fill not just a few voids but all my voids with Christ. I want to be so filled with Jesus that if he were liquid he would just pour through every fiber of my being. Several years ago a friend in bible study made the comment that she wanted to be so filled with Jesus that if she unzipped her body Jesus is who we'd see. That is what I want. Right now if I unzipped myself I know Jesus would be there but would I see him or would he be behind so many other meaningless things???

Just thinking out loud......

Blessings,

5 comments:

petrii said...

Linda,
What a wonderful reflection this morning, and such great illustrations. May God's love wrap around you today.

Have a Blessed weekend,
Dawn

Fran said...

That is so beautiful Linda! I hope that '09 is a sweet year for you.
Love,
Fran

Teresa said...

You written some things I am feeling...but could never put into words like this! Wonderful!

Blessings!
Teresa

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hey sis,
Just like Teresa said - those are things I've been feeling and you always have a way of speaking/writing the words in such a fabulous way!
Love ya! Hope 2009 is awesome for you because YOU are incredible and deserve it!
Sandy

Unknown said...

I have tagged you for an award! Come take a look.

Hugs!