Saturday, June 30, 2007

I can't believe it!!!!


Well as I have posted before my son's soccer team is at regionals in Oklahoma this week. The team goal was to get there and do the best they could but never really expecting to do too well considering it was the first year for them. They competed in Disney showcase during Thanksgiving last year and played some really good teams and did not to too well so we sort of expected them to have a "Disney" week. My dh called today and they played the Florida State cup winners and really played a great game they lost 2-1 but it was an exciting game. My son scored our goal which was nice to hear and of course my dh did not want to lug around the video camera so I will just have to hear about it and visualize it for myself. The team went on to play a Texas team. Now if any of you know soccer Texas is a huge soccer state. They have some really great teams. We of course expected to get skunked but they were able to pull out a 1-0 win. I was on the phone with my dh during the last 4 minutes of the game and when the final whislte blew it was as if I was there because I screamed right along with all of our team, right into my dh's ear which I am sure he appreaciated. They play tomorrow at 1:00. I can't wait to hear how they do. By the way, the rain did stop today. The first game they played on a type of astro turf. The second game was on a field that was full of mud. When you have dad's washing uniforms you know it had to be bad. I know my son has come home before from tournaments having worn the same uniform for four games without being washed, so if the dads are washing the uniforms they must look horrible. Did I mention that they are white uniforms? After this week they will probably be off white. Oh well, exciting times for the team. The picture posted here is from the State cup. Chandler scoring with his hip. I wanted to put it on during the State cup but I did not know how to then, So here it is now. I just love the intensity on his face. One of the dad's of a team mate of Chandler's used to work for National Geograhpic and he takes the best action shots. I am in awe of the shots he got during State.
My sister and her family arrives tomorrow and I am looking forward to seeing them. I think I have everything ready to have company but it hasn't been easy with the two little ones wanting my constant attention, Dallas, our Lab puppy, continuing to use the playroom as a bathroom and dumb me starting several projects at the same time but not even finishing one of them. Sometimes you just gotta laugh to keep from crying. Thankfully we will go to church tomorrow and I can't wait to find out what the Lord is going to teach me.
Blessings,

No comments: